[PD] iem_ambi/ambi_encode (3D) channel order

padovani zepadovani.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 17:46:31 CEST 2023

Hello,

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the iem_ambi library.

I'm wondering if the lib works with channels in the order of SID (Speaker
ID) or ACN (Ambisonics Channel Number). From what I understood, it operates
in the SID order, but I would like to confirm this since I'm working with
the IEM Plugin Suite, which utilizes the Ambix/ACN format.

Currently, I'm working on creating granular processes, and it seems that it
would be easier to perform encoding (using the [clone] object) without
needing a VST plugin for each grain.

If anyone has any insights or tips on this matter, they would be greatly
appreciated!

Thank you in advance!