[PD] iem_ambi/ambi_encode (3D) channel order

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Tue Jun 13 10:04:11 CEST 2023

Am Donnerstag, 1. Juni 2023, 17:46:31 CEST schrieb padovani:
> Hello,
>

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a question regarding the iem_ambi library.
>
> I'm wondering if the lib works with channels in the order of SID (Speaker
> ID) or ACN (Ambisonics Channel Number). From what I understood, it operates
> in the SID order, but I would like to confirm this since I'm working with
> the IEM Plugin Suite, which utilizes the Ambix/ACN format.
>
> Currently, I'm working on creating granular processes, and it seems that it
> would be easier to perform encoding (using the [clone] object) without
> needing a VST plugin for each grain.
>
> If anyone has any insights or tips on this matter, they would be greatly
> appreciated!

sorry for  late answer.
Yes iem_ambi was programmed before ACN becam standard  ;-).

I did a conversion abstraction SID, ACN, ... in my ambisonics multichannel
library:

- https://git.iem.at/pd/acre-amb

 which uses a encoder which changies the order:

- https://git.iem.at/pd/acre-amb/blob/master/spat/ch%7E.pd

Note: Experimental library with dynamic patching, you have first install acre
library and install amb in the acre folder, then open examples.

mfg
   winfried

PS.: New there is a ambisonics granular encoder plugin: https://
plugins.iem.at/