[PD] issues trying to use libpd_process_float()

Eric Lennartson lennartsoneric at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 21:42:47 CEST 2023

Hello all,

I have been experimenting with using python and libpd, and for the most
part it works well.
However, I have been trying to use the other processing methods such as
libpd_process_float() or libpd_process_double(), but when I do I just get
crazy noise.
The code I'm working with is just a modified version of the echo.py file in
the samples section of the libpd github page. Basically, all I have done is
change the pyaudio format to paFloat32, created a dummy buffer to pass to
the process method with array.array('f', range(libpd_blocksize()) and
called libpd_process_float() instead. I did check to see if the format was
supported using pyaudio's is_format_supported() method and it returned
True. The pd patch itself is just a quite sine tone straight into the dac.
So I'm really scratching my head here, what am I missing?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Eric