[PD] issues trying to use libpd_process_float()

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 22:19:12 CEST 2023

Hi Eric,

Sounds like you might want to be using libpd_process_raw() instead. If I'm
remembering correctly, libpd_process_float() expects interleaved samples in
the buffer you feed it, and process_raw() expects blocks of samples
interleaved by channel.

On Sat, Jun 3, 2023 at 3:50 PM Eric Lennartson <lennartsoneric at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have been experimenting with using python and libpd, and for the most
> part it works well.
> However, I have been trying to use the other processing methods such as
> libpd_process_float() or libpd_process_double(), but when I do I just get
> crazy noise.
> The code I'm working with is just a modified version of the echo.py file
> in the samples section of the libpd github page. Basically, all I have done
> is change the pyaudio format to paFloat32, created a dummy buffer to pass
> to the process method with array.array('f', range(libpd_blocksize()) and
> called libpd_process_float() instead. I did check to see if the format was
> supported using pyaudio's is_format_supported() method and it returned
> True. The pd patch itself is just a quite sine tone straight into the dac.
> So I'm really scratching my head here, what am I missing?
>
> Thanks for any insight you can provide.
>
> Eric

William Brent

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com