[PD] HELP: Pure Data Vanilla v.0.54-0 under Windows 10 22H2 64-bit is not running!

Linux ROUEN linux.rouen at free.fr
Mon Jul 10 01:44:24 CEST 2023

Hello Christof,

1. Unfortunately here is the same no printout and no Pd launch as during my
previous tests.
Microsoft Windows [version 10.0.19045.3086]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.
C:\Program Files\Pd\bin>pd.com -noprefs
     "blank line" for +/- 1 second
C:\Program Files\Pd\bin>pd.com -nogui
     "blank line" for +/- 1 second
C:\Program Files\Pd\bin>

So within a CMD terminal the following commands
- pd.com
- pd.com -stderr -verbose
- pd.com -nogui
- pd.com -noprefs
give the same "no result" for both the installed and the portable versions
of Pd 0.54.0.

2. Windows AppCrash report excerpts for "pd.com" for above 2 tests are not
only about loaded modules but also a pointer to where the issue "could
start" ==>.
Version=1
EventType=APPCRASH
Wow64Host=34404
NsAppName=pd.com
Sig[0].Name=Nom de l’application
Sig[0].Value=pd.com
Sig[1].Name=Version de l’application
Sig[1].Value=0.0.0.0
Sig[2].Name=Horodatage de l’application
Sig[2].Value=00000000
==> Sig[3].Name=Nom du module défaillant = Name of the failing module
==> Sig[3].Value=ntdll.dll
Sig[4].Name=Version du module défaillant = Version of the failing module
Sig[4].Value=10.0.19041.3086
Sig[5].Name=Horodateur du module défaillant
Sig[5].Value=6349a4f2
Sig[6].Name=Code de l’exception = Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0000026
Sig[7].Name=Décalage de l’exception
Sig[7].Value=0000000000102676

3. NTDLL.DLL excerpt from Wikipedia
NTDLL.DLL exports the Windows Native API. The Native API is the interface
used by user-mode components of the operating system that must run without
support from Win32 or other API subsystems. Most of this API is implemented
in NTDLL.DLL and at the upper edge of ntoskrnl.exe (and its variants), and
the majority of exported symbols within these libraries are prefixed Nt, for
example NtDisplayString. Native APIs are also used to implement many of the
"kernel APIs" or "base APIs" exported by KERNEL32.DLL.
The large majority of Windows applications do not call NTDLL.DLL directly.

Thanks, Joseph