[PD] Fwd: HELP: Pure Data Vanilla v.0.54-0 under Windows 10 22H2 64-bit is not running!

Linux ROUEN linux.rouen at free.fr
Tue Jul 11 03:30:06 CEST 2023

Hello List,

So few days later and after a lot of tests and support from several people,
thanks to all of them, this is my current and temporary conclusion.

Pd Vanilla 0.54.0 is not compatible with my HP laptop DV8-1190ef (14 years
old with CPU i720Q 1st Gen) and its configuration running under Windows 10
22H2 64-bit when Pd Vanilla 0.53.2 is fully functional as well as the latest
Purr Data 2.19.3.

After having made a new summer in-depth cleaning of my PC, I retest the
portable versions of Pd Vanilla (see here attached 2 screen captures).

- Pd 0.53.2 = fully functional, but

- Pd 0.54.0 = still not functional at all.

As reported in my previous emails (CrashReport), it seems there is an issue
with the Windows module “ntdll.dll” (announced as “falling module”) or at
least the communication between Pd Vanilla 0.54.0 and this module.

If I remember well, Lucas has suggested this could be linked to the new
64-bit windows build using the lower-latency WASAPI audio system in place of
the older MMIO.

Now I will wait for the next Pd 0.54.1 for making new tests.

I’m really pleased for those who are able to run Pd 0.54.0 on their Windows
10 machines.

Best,

Joseph Gastelais