[PD] Fwd: HELP: Pure Data Vanilla v.0.54-0 under Windows 10 22H2 64-bit is not running!

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Tue Jul 11 03:42:46 CEST 2023

> If I remember well, Lucas has suggested this could be linked to the
> new 64-bit windows build using the lower-latency WASAPI audio system
> in place of the older MMIO.
WASAPI has been introduced in Windows Vista, so I can't imagine how it
would be a problem on a Windows 10 machine. Also, "pd.com -noprefs
-noaudio" failed although it wouldn't execute any audio backend code.

Again, the only real way to solve this mystery would be to run Pd in a
debugger. If are interested to dig deeper, you would need to install
Msys2 (https://www.msys2.org/), then I could send you a Pd with debug
symbols.

Christof