[PD] Fwd: HELP: Pure Data Vanilla v.0.54-0 under Windows 10 22H2 64-bit is not running!

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 11 04:43:18 CEST 2023

On 10/07/2023 22:42, Christof Ressi wrote:
>> If I remember well, Lucas has suggested this could be linked to the
>> new 64-bit windows build using the lower-latency WASAPI audio system
>> in place of the older MMIO.
> WASAPI has been introduced in Windows Vista, ...

Joseph this was meant as in -- there are new drivers hence more devices,
then their indexes had changed and now Pd is trying to load an incorrect
device for the previous index and Pd is unable to start -- but we now
know this is not the case.

I'm following this one so it will be great if you install msys2 and we
get a back-trace from the debugger.

also I'm using this cpu:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/47341/intel-core-i5520m-processor-3m-cache-2-40-ghz/specifications.html

which is almost the same age as yours: