[PD] Fwd: HELP: Pure Data Vanilla v.0.54-0 under Windows 10 22H2 64-bit is not running!

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 01:58:09 CEST 2023

On 11/07/2023 13:50, Linux ROUEN wrote:
> I'm really and totally lost!
> (Unfortunately) my electronic music students mainly use Windows, so I do need during this summer to fix this issue on my laptop.

try downloading again the zip package from Miller's site an test it.

if the problem persist you can use the "Debuged" app that is running
fine for you (for your classes).

but then if you have time to backup all your files, do it and format
your Windows partition and reinstall the OS. there might be some weird
combo from Antivirus or blaklisted stuff on your system.

as a recap of your situation:

   - your first mail included screen-shots of the installer being unable
to write files and you told us later that you only have an "admin" account.

     - this is strange: the only thing i can think of is that Pd was
running when you tried to install a newer version.

       - this could have trigger the OS to blacklist the app (this is
pure speculation)

If I where you i'll backup all my files and reinstall the OS.

if the problem persists we have no idea whats going on and hope pray no
other Win10 user get into a similar situation.

Lucarda