[PD] SOLVED!: Building ELSE for Pd Vanilla (here RPi OS 11 32-bit)

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 22:49:35 CEST 2023

On Sat, Aug 5, 2023 at 12:03 AM Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
wrote:

> We decided to take pd-lua out of ELSE and now Albert makes sure to take
> care of it and make it available for PlugData.

Yes, maintaining separate distributions in different places just became too
much of a hassle. plugdata and purr-data are easy, because they include it
as a git submodule in their sources, but that wasn't the case with ELSE.

But thanks to IOhannes, 0.11.6 is now in Debian Testing and Unstable, so it
will be in Debian/Raspbian 13 and Ubuntu 23.10 when these come out.

Of course, it may still be a while until Raspbian 13 comes out. Maybe I
should upload IOhannes' source package to the OpenBuildService, so that I
can build debs of that version for older Debian/Raspbian and Ubuntu
systems. If there's enough demand, that is, so please let me know.

IOhannes, I hope that you don't mind if I grab the debian files from your
0.11.6 package so that I update the files at
https://github.com/agraef/pd-lua/tree/master/debian which are a bit
outdated. :)

Albert

--