[PD] Problem with this (involved) abstraction for XY

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 11:01:33 CEST 2023

                    -----

On Mon, 2023-08-21 at 08:26 +0100, Pierre Alexandre Tremblay wrote:

> Thanks for the kind offer but I would never dare :)
                                              ----

This kind of speak makes me slightly uncomfortable as it implies a
notion of ownership that is contrary to the license used for that
software. Of course, I simply (re-)use software for my own purposes
without notification if it is licensed accordingly.

I'm not accusing you of being serious here, but the tongue-in-cheek is
only understood in relation to a deeply ingrained capitalistic sense of
property. Why is this is notion even apparent on a ML about FLOSS
software?

Roman