[PD] Pd 0.54-1 Windows installer and winget.

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 6 18:51:36 CET 2023

Am 6. November 2023 11:01:44 MEZ schrieb Lucas Cordiviola <lucarda27 at hotmail.com>:
>Hi list,
>
>There are some news on 0.54-1 installer and 'winget'.

First of all: very cool and thanks for doing this!

I have one small observation though:

>### Installer
>
>- safer behavior:
>
>    - the (un)installer refuses to do anything if it finds a currently running Pd or Pd64.

For whatever reasons, this breaks running the installer through wine (it always aborts).
Maybe it would be possible to ask the user whether they *really* want to continue (at their own risk), rather than plainly refusing to do so.

It's a rather minor issue though, as I guess that people who want to run Pd through wine can simply use the zip-packages...

mfg.sfg.jfd
IOhannes