[PD] Current best practice for GPIO pins on Raspberry Pi?

Yann Seznec yann at yannseznec.com
Wed Nov 8 15:14:21 CET 2023

Hello,

I’m wondering what the best option is nowadays for using the GPIO pins on a Raspberry Pi in Pure Data.

Wiring Pi seems to be no longer available, as far as I can tell. I’m not sure what other options there are?

One option suggested elsewhere for inputs was to use the “retrogame” script to turn GPIO pin activity into keyboard presses and use the [key] object in Pd, but I can’t seem to get that script to work properly yet.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance.

Yann