[PD] Preset management for Pd Vanilla

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 20:08:44 CET 2023

Else’s has morphing, interpolation, etc and is an abstraction that uses
[savestate] and [text] mainly.

It also relies on an external, [retrieve], similar to [grab] from MAX. This
one gets data from objects connected to named [receive] objects. One could
make a vanilla version without it, but it’d be much more complicated. Or we
could have a new [grab] / [retrieve] like object in Vanilla, and I could
build a Vanilla external abstraction and bring my system to vanilla like
that.

We maybe don’t even need a new object and could have something like an
extra functionality in [send] where it can get things back. I think some
net objects work like that and it would hopefully not be too weird or
crazy, and maybe people would likewise abuse this for other use cases.

Seems like a very not much intrusive addition that opens the door for this.
What do you people think?

Cheers