[PD] Preset management for Pd Vanilla

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 01:57:12 CET 2023

Em sáb., 11 de nov. de 2023 às 16:11, Alexandre Torres Porres <
porres at gmail.com> escreveu:

> Or yet a new functionality for [pdcontrol] if not in [send] or a whole new
> object

A "retrieve" method to [value] would actually make sense.

Anyway, I'm giving ideas and most probably most of you don't really know
about my preset system in ELSE in detail. The key element is [savestate],
which saves the data in a patch, which are values and receive destinations.
So I'm not thinking of another object for preset management, just using
this existing one for that, as a side product. The data is saved in a
[text] object, which is the best plase to store such a thing and it's the
2nd key element per se.

The "retrieve" function is to "grab" the data from objects connected or
bound to existing "receive" objects/symbols. This makes things much easier
and I hope things are clearer.

[value] seems now like a good candidate for this functionality. It would
require the injection of a lot of code for this, but maybe that's ok, not
sure if this is a good reason to create a whole new object. And it fits
into the idea of [value], which can already send a value to another object,
so why can't it also 'grab'/'retrieve'?

And also, the external abstraction that I mentioned could also be part of
the 'extra' library that comes with the Pd distribution, which already has
some abstractions anyway. While we're at it, I was already hoping to
include yet another abstraction there, a biquad coefficient calculator for
the [biquad~] object.

cheers