[PD] Pd-list Digest, Vol 225, Issue 4

Yann Seznec yann at yannseznec.com
Mon Dec 4 21:23:59 CET 2023

>> - Trying to run a small granular patch like this
>> <https://github.com/yannseznec/humanCall> or a sampler/looper patch like
>> this <https://github.com/yannseznec/soundDestroyer>
>
> when you say "like this" do you mean, that exactly these two patches
> fail? (I'm just trying to make sure that if I test with these patches it
> actually makes sense)
>

> Hello Yann,
>
> For testing them on my RPi 400 / RPi OS 11 32-bit / Pd 0.54.1, which Pd
> file(s) to download from your GIT site?
>
> Then if more than one Pd file, which one for launching 'humanCall' and
> 'soundDestroyer'?
>
> —————

I’ll answer both of these questions at once…to be more clear, the most obvious test of the Pi issues I was having is to launch “humanCaller_test.pd” from this project: https://github.com/yannseznec/humanCall

It is a granular patch that will just play a stream of grains on startup.

When I was encountering issues, this patch would stop working after somewhere between 30-90 seconds, and print many instances of the error “restart alsa output alsa xrun recovery apparently failed”.

I am no longer having this issue, after compiling Pd 0.54.1 myself on the 32 bit Pi OS 11.

I am not entirely sure, but I think I may have mistakenly been using the 64 bit Pi OS 11 when I was having the issues.

I am also starting to think that there may be simply too many variables here to actually identify any issues, so I apologise for any goose-chasing I am encouraging.