[PD] Pd-list Digest, Vol 225, Issue 4

Yann Seznec yann at yannseznec.com
Mon Dec 4 21:17:45 CET 2023

>> Hello,
>>
>> On 04.12.23 10:55, Yann Seznec wrote:> As a side note, perhaps someone
>> more knowledgeable than me could update
>>> the version of Pd that is currently accessible from apt-get? I didn't
>>> mind compiling from source but it is pretty handy to be able to just
>>> do apt-get when setting up a new Pi.
>
> i'm not sure i understand the question here.
>
> you can always get the version of Pd by just running 'pd -version' (if
> you still have the "puredata-core" package installed, run '/usr/bin/pd
> -version' to not accidentally run your self-compiled one.

I am very likely not understanding how these things work, or explaining myself correctly!

What I was trying to say was that it would be great if running the command “sudo apt-get install puredata” could install the latest version of Pd (0.54.1) on Pi OS. As far as I can tell, running that command currently installs v0.51.4.

Perhaps this is because I am running an older Pi -  32 bit OS 11 on a Pi 3. In any case I compiled Pd myself in order to get the latest version.

I don’t know the process for updating the packages that are available from apt-get, I just thought it would be something useful to do.