[PD] alsa crashing on recent Pi OS

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Dec 7 12:35:15 CET 2023

i forgot a few more things...

On 12/7/23 12:27, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> IEMberry provides only very few packages by itself, and instead relies
> on the Debian packages. It also has Debian/backports and the official
> Raspberry Pi OS repositories enabled (with Debian being preferred).

i've done a full upgrade ("apt update; apt full-upgrade") the other day.
this upgraded a bunch of packages (though I don't think anything related
to Pd)

> i've run the "humanCaller_test.pd" patch for about half an hour without
> any problems, using ALSA as the backend.

i do see the following lines:
```
restart alsa output
alsa xrun recovery apparently failed
```

but they they are printed only once at startup.

> seeing that everything works, i've stopped Pd, launched jackd (again
> making sure to output to the headphones instead of the non-existant
> monitor) and tried with JACK as backend.
> after another 10 minutes I decided that everything works great.

i've also started Pd with "-nogui" for both ALSA and JACK (still running
a full-fledged Desktop over VNC though) and haven't experienced any
problems so far.

gfmasdr
IOhannes