[PD] Latency question (non-audio/midi/osc)

Sam Ross samueljohnross at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 13:34:28 CET 2023

Hello list,

Is it (still) the case that Pd's midi buffer is connected/synced with
the audio buffer? (Sorry if any terminology incorrect).

If this is the case, is it correct that the best way to get lowest
latency control signals is to run control data in a separate instance
that is removed from any audio processing, with the audio settings set
for as low a latency as possible? So, delay 0 ms, I presume? And would
altering the sample rate and block size also have an effect?

Thanks for any help you can give in assisting my understanding.
Sam.