[PD] help needed: "conditional" help patches

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Mon Dec 11 16:38:05 CET 2023

On 11.12.2023 16:10, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> the simplest check would just be whether the filename of the
> containing patch ends with "-help.pd"

I actually had this thought, but rejected it for being too gross :-D

Also, it does not really work because [aoo_send~ 2] and [aoo_send~ -m 2]
have a different number of signal inlets, so I would get errors about
failed connections. (That was another nasty aspect I forgot to mention!)
Also, the help patch naturally contains other multichannel objects, most
notably [snake~], which don't exist in older Pd versions. I really need
to prevent the whole (sub)patch from being loaded.

Christof