[PD] [PD-announce] ICMC2024 - Call for Submissions

dudas d3u7d2a4s at richarddudas.com
Mon Jan 15 06:55:13 CET 2024

Happy New Year to all!

The submission website for the ICMC 2024 is now open. Please feel free to repost this call for submissions to other lists.

-Richard

ICMC 2024 - Call for Submissions

ICMC2024 Seoul - Sound in Motion
July 7 to July 13, 2024

https://www.icmc2024.org <https://www.icmc2024.org/>

The International Computer Music Conference 2024 will be hosted by Hanyang University in Seoul, South Korea. The conference will take place from July 7 to July 13, 2024 at the Hanyang University College of Music and its computer music studio, CREAMA (Center for Research in Electro-Acoustic Music and Audio).

The theme of this year's conference is “Sound in Motion”. Submissions which somehow relate to this theme are encouraged, though all submissions will be given equal consideration. The deadline for Music, Installation and Paper submissions is February 1, 2024.

--------------------
Call for Music
--------------------

We welcome all music and installation submissions in the following categories:

- Fixed Media works (2-8 channels)
- Electro-Instrumental works (2-8 channels)
- Interactive and Improvisational works with computers
- Piece + Paper submissions

A detailed listing of sub-categories can be found on the website:
https://www.icmc2024.org/call-for-submission

Electro-Instrumental submissions may include any orchestral musical instrument (including piano, guitar, etc.) or combination of instruments. Works for rare or uncommon instruments may require the composer to bring their own instrument/player. Feel free to reach out to us regarding your instrumentation if it contains uncommon instrument(s).

We also encourage submissions including Korean traditional musical instruments and electronics.  These include: daegum, piri, gayageum, haegum, geomungo, ajeng, yanggeum, and traditional percussion.

--------------------
Call for Installations
--------------------

This year’s ICMC welcomes Sound and Audio-Visual Installation submissions of any type, but especially those that can be presented on the following projection formats:

- 9 meter long curved LED screen
- 3-projector open cube setup
​
We welcome Installations and Environmental works using technology in the following categories:
- Sound Installations (interactive or fixed)
- Data-driven installations
- Soundscape/Environmental works (e.g., artistic ambient works)

Details can be found on the website:
https://www.icmc2024.org/call-for-submission

--------------------
Call for Papers
--------------------

The topics for paper submissions to this year’s ICMC fall into four broad categories: Performance with Technology, Musicology and Theory, R&D, and Education/Inclusivity.

This year we are also eager to highlight Musicological and Theoretical papers which focus on music (recent or historical) that incorporates technology – this includes papers in the realm of sound studies. Papers which fall into any of these four broad categories, but which focus on specific topics other than those listed below will also be considered for inclusion. We especially welcome Piece+Paper submissions which discuss the technological aspects of musical works submitted to the music section of the conference.

- Papers discussing musical Performance with Technology (including Piece+Paper)
- Papers with a Musicological or Theoretical focus
- Papers focused on Research and Development
- Papers concerning Computer Music Education and Inclusivity

A detailed listing of sub-categories can be found on the website:
https://www.icmc2024.org/call-for-submission

We look forward to welcoming you to Seoul at the International Computer Music Conference 2024!

- Richard Dudas, conference chair
- Taehi Kim, music chair
- Hee Seng Kye, paper chair