[PD] trying to test 'pdp library and 'pdp_scan~'

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 22:45:06 CET 2024

When reading about 'Scanned synthesis' in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scanned_synthesis I see about the [pdp_scan~]
external from 'pdp', but I can't use it... I can still try extended in my
machine and it didn't really work back then, I get

Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/pdp/pdp.pd_darwin,
10): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/pdp/pdp.pd_darwin
  Reason: image not found
pdp: can't load library

Purr Data can't load it either.

The 'pdp' version in deken (0-0extended) doesn't work either and all print
the same error.

I wanted to check this object out, does anybody know where the source lives
and if we can try and compile it?

cheers