[PD] Can't load iemmatrix lib

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Wed Jan 17 22:41:33 CET 2024

Hi (gia sou?) Alexandros,

since you are on Debian, try installing the Debian package pd-iemmatrix
instead, which pulls in libgsl27 as a dependency. I generally prefer
installing pd externals via apt since they will be updated
automatically, a feature that deken still seems to be missing. At least
my question about Deken updates in
https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list//2024-01/132863.html
remains unanswered as of today.

The downside of using apt instead of Deken is that it *might* take
longer for updated externals to become available, but YMMV.

In fact, I keep a textfile on my disk to document which externals to
install via apt and which via Deken.

Nevertheless the Deken packagers for iemmatrix might want to learn about
this issue....

best, P

* Alexandros Drymonitis <adrcki at gmail.com> [2024-01-17 15:48]: