[PD] Can't load iemmatrix lib

Linux ROUEN Normandie linux.rouen at free.fr
Sat Jan 20 14:47:47 CET 2024

Le 19/01/2024 à 19:44, IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :
> On 1/19/24 19:27, Linux ROUEN Normandie wrote:
>> Thanks IOhannes for your explanations.
>> So, I will leave with both paths thus this warning.
>>
>> By the way my Pd 0.54-1 is not a one complied by my self, it could be
>> by you which is a great thing for always getting the latest version
>> of Pd thru this PPA on launchpad.net:
>> - Name: puredata / Version: 0.54.1+ds-2~ubuntu22.04~ppa1 :-)
>
> hmm, well. this would be perfect (as it is the "Debian packages" I am
> talking about; they are just built for different Ubuntu versions).
>
> this leaves me a bit confused, as in this case you should *not*
> manually add '/usr/lib/pd/extra' nor '/usr/lib/puredata/extra' to your
> search path preferences, as both these paths are searched for
> automatically (and then no error will be printed)

Yes in an ideal world it should be the case but here it's not working
and this was the case since day one I have installed Pd on my Linux Mint
21, first the default Pd package (from the Package Manager) and then the
PPA updates.

Now if I remove these two paths in such case Pd has no access at all to
the objects into them and I'm getting when trying to use them (some
examples):
     iemmatrix ... couldn't create
     sigmund~ ... couldn't create
     bonk~ ... couldn't create
     choice ... couldn't create
     hilbert~ ... couldn't create
     complex-mod~ ... couldn't create
     loop~ ... couldn't create
     lrshift~ ... couldn't create
     pd~ ... couldn't create
     rev1~ ... couldn't create
     rev2~ ... couldn't create
     rev3~ ... couldn't create
     stdout ... couldn't create
     bob~ ... couldn't create
     fiddle~ ... couldn't create
     pique ... couldn't create
     warning -- 'template' (pd-help-intro.pd) is obsolete; replace with
'struct'

Note: Still with these 2 paths removed, when using the 'Navigateur
d'aide' (the Help navigator from Alexandre's Else) it can still see all
the help objects into the '/usr/lib/pd/extra' and
'/usr/lib/puredata/extra' folders but when double clicking on any of
them they can't be created (for the objects belonging to these 2 paths),
and I'm getting the above error messages too.
See attached screen capture.
For the Objects list in the screen capture mentioned to be in 'pd/extra'
in fact they are in 'puredata/extra' on my system.

> (that is, unless you somehow add "-nostdpath" to your startup flags,
> but i can hardly believe that you would do such a thing)
No such path added to my startup flags, in fact I have no startup flag
at all.