[PD] Deken not showing ELSE external and others on Raspberry Pi with Debian 12

Linux Rouen Normandie linux.rouen at free.fr
Sun Feb 4 14:13:34 CET 2024

----------
Le 04/02/2024 à 05:49, Alexandre Torres Porres a écrit :
> I see, while we're at it, can I ask you to help me compiling just
> [plaits~], [circuit~], [sfz~] and [sfont~] for the needed
> architectures as soon as I have an official release out in a couple of
> days?
Yes, of course.

> And out of the  'Linux-arm64-32 / Linux-armv7-32 / Linux-armv6-32',
> which one should I not use?
Frankly, I don't know enough about that.
This should be discussed with people understanding how Pd/Deken is
working for determining which RPi OS/HW platform is in use.

What I have done on my RPi 400 regarding myself compiled Pd versions
from 0.53-0 to 0.54-1:
- Pd/Deken installed under RPi OS 11 32-bit
   Default platform 'Linux-armv6-32' => User defined-platform
'Linux-arm7-32'
- Pd/Deken installed under RPi OS 12 64-bit (only Pd 0.54-1)
   Default platform 'Linux-armv8-32' => User defined-platform
'Linux-arm64-32'
   And for your externals I have compiled Else 1.0-0 rc-10, including
the above 4 [*~] objects, from the source code and installed manually
Cyclone from the unzipped 'cyclone-0.8.0_armv8_Linux64.zip'.
- If not and in both OS versions only very few and old externals were
found by Pd/Deken.