[PD] Deken not showing ELSE external and others on Raspberry Pi with Debian 12

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 20:14:40 CET 2024

Em dom., 4 de fev. de 2024 às 10:13, Linux Rouen Normandie <
linux.rouen at free.fr> escreveu:

> And out of the  'Linux-arm64-32 / Linux-armv7-32 / Linux-armv6-32', which
> one should I not use?
>
> Frankly, I don't know enough about that.
> This should be discussed with people understanding how Pd/Deken is working
> for determining which RPi OS/HW platform is in use.

Just compile for me now with both of the systems please, like you did last
time but this time also for armv8 (Linux-arm64-32). I'll upload to deken
and we'll see what is the other one you have (I guess it's armv7-32)  and
we'll leave it at that and ditch the other one, probably armv6

please just compile with the specific appropriate binary extension: "
*.l_arm64*" for armv8, and "*.l_arm*" for the other one.

RC11 is ready and here
https://github.com/porres/pd-else/releases/tag/v.1.0-rc11

I can actually compile for pi with a virtual machine, but not for plaits~,
circuit~, sfz~ and sfont~. So you can try and just compile these for armv8.
Note that the trickiest one is sfont~, which needs to collect the
dependencies via a script. Since rc10, only plaits~ changed, so I would
only ask for that one for armv7 (since I already have the binaries from the
last release), but I need all those four for armv8 at least. If you are up
and game for it, you can just run the full compilation for extra fun in
both cases.

Thanks a lot