[PD] Deken not showing ELSE external and others on Raspberry Pi with Debian 12

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 5 00:08:44 CET 2024

On 2/3/24 01:48, Francisco Medeiros wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having an issue with Deken on Raspberry Pi running the latest version
> of Debian 12 and pd 0.54-1.
>
> The problem is that Deken is not showing the ELSE external, nor many other
> externals available for Linux-Arm64-32.
>
> When starting deken says Platform detected: Linux-aarch64-float32" and
> "Platform re-detected: Linux-armv8-float32".

thanks for the bug-report.
with the (off-list) help of joseph i was able to track down the source
of this problem, and it is indeed a bug in Pd's CPU detection code.

i've opened a ticket <https://bugs.puredata.info/2190>

there are a couple of workarounds:
1. if you are just having problems with finding externals in deken, you
can do as joseph suggested and change the platform specifyer to
"Linux-arm64-32" in the deken preferences
2. a more permanent (and future proof) fix requires recompilation: just
add "--with-deken-cpu=arm64" to the configure flags (obviously you
should *only* do this for creating a binary for the arm64 platform)

a *proper* fix has been submitted to Pd's "develop" branch (sowill
appear in the next Pd release).

i'll update the Debian packages soon (hopefully tomorrow)

gfdsfa
IOhannes