[PD] Add to documentation: makenote accepts lists in its leftmost inlet

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Mar 14 18:15:28 CET 2024

On 3/14/24 17:57, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Em qui., 14 de mar. de 2024 às 11:36, Peter P. <peterparker at fastmail.com>
> escreveu:
>
>> is this behavior taken for granted along all message-objects?
>>

> yes, this is mentioned in the documentation, in the manual, and in the
> control tutorial (see example 04.messages.pd)

which is good.

> Sometimes this is exposed in the help files, as with [line~], but not every
> time. I guess there are more examples where this can get exposed and
> reinforced. Math objects, [expr], [makenote].

i'm still very reluctant about adding the same and the same information
to every object that just exhibits standard behaviour, as this quickly
becomes noise. ("hey, did you know that you can connect this object to
[print]?")

i think it makes sense in objects like [line~] where we typically see
uses like "[0, 1 1000(".
it probably makes also sense to document that [list prepend] will
actually *not* distribute the elements to its inlets.

gfmdsar
IOhannes