[PD] Call for contributions to Ed Kelly's eulogy

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 03:51:47 CET 2024

Hi, as you know, we lost our beloved Ed recently this month. I'm in touch
with Sophia, Ed's wife, who says they would like to include something in
the eulogy about Ed's contribution/work with Pure Data and his involvement
with the community. I said I would help and prepare it, but I'd like your
help as well. The funeral is not till the Friday April 5. The
pastor/celebrant may touch on this in the service but at the wake a longer
version can be shared.

She says it'd be good to explain what he did so people who aren't familiar
with Pd can understand what he did. The pastor needs more of an overview,
how he contributed to the community. Conventions he attended. At the wake
we can also have messages from us.

So I said I'd get in touch with you people, to gather messages and ask if
someone would like to help me prepare this.

cheers