[PD-ot] how would you describe how something sounds?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Apr 21 21:43:22 CEST 2004

This kind of an informal poll.  I want to find out what words
electronic musicians use to describe how a particular sample sounds.
In particular, I am interested in words used to describe the quality or
timbre of the sounds rather than the loudness, pitch, rhythm, harmony,
etc.  Words that describe how a certain mix sounds would also be
interesting.

There are particular words that are used by classical musicians and I
want to compare these to words used by electronic musicians.

____

"Information wants to be free."
                              -Stewart Brand