[PD-ot] Finnish electronics

Koray Tahiroglu ktahirog at uiah.fi
Thu Feb 2 13:55:32 CET 2006

Hello,
Sibelius Akademie has a department called CMT cmt.siba.fi ( Center
for Music and Technology), I guess it is the only place where you can
find some electro-acoustic  studies in Helsinki, also Helsinki
University has  musicology department. Every first sunday of the
month, there is an experimental music and video night at Sturenkatu
2, but I guess you will miss 5th of Februrary. Mbar is good, check
out for Sauna Bar as well. In august there is Koneisto Festival,
biggest electronic music event in Helsinki. Some concerts are
organized every now and then but they are usually announced a week
before.

enjoy your time!!

Koray.

>> Hi list,
>>
>> since February 17th untill 27th ill be in the Helsinki-Turku area.
>>
>> Does anybody knows about places that i could go to see concerts or
>> something related? Im also interested about schools and summer
>> courses and
>> festivals.
>
> check out M-bar and the Kiasma Museum at the main center.  You can
> probably also ask around at the Sibelius Akademie which is right
> around
> the corner from those two.   Also, check out what is going on at the
> Suomilinna - it's a little island in the harbor where there are
> artists
> residencies and galleries and such.  often, there are openings and
> performances theres.  I saw phil niblock perform there once.
>
> good luck -august.
>

> 	-------------------
> 	http://aug.ment.org

M.Koray Tahiroglu
Media Lab,
University of Art and Design Helsinki, TaiK
Hameentie 135C 00560 Helsinki Finland
http://mlab.uiah.fi/~korayt/
http://purenoise.uiah.fi:8000/
tel: +358 40 754 8449