[PD-ot] conflicting library in ubuntu64

patrice colet megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Fri May 11 13:30:50 CEST 2007

Hello, I can't run Gem, when i open a patch, pd crashes with a segfault
error message, here is the valgrind diagnostic:

==8498== Process terminating with default action of signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
==8498==  Bad permissions for mapped region at address 0x66B40B0
==8498==    at 0x66B40B0: (within /usr/lib/libdv.so.4.0.3)

Do I have to conclude that libdv4 is the source of my problem?

I think the same thing is happening when I start wine or winecfg, and
beryl, but I've got xserver crashing instead of the program only.

If effectively the amd64 ubuntu package for libdv4 is the problem, is
there a 'clean' way for replacing it?

Best,
pc.