[PD-ot] USB audio Linux success at last!

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 01:44:07 CET 2011

> But do any of you guys get 24 bits and at least 48kHz samplerate? Isn't
> there some limitations from only having standard usb class compliancy?
> (didn't check if any of those devices have specific drivers)

Hmmm, good question. Jack is telling me I have 24 bits capture and playback at
44.1KHz. Haven't tried it at 48 yet, but I'll do some tests once this gig on
monday is over.

I'm not using any specific driver for the Lexicon - Jack is using alsa so
snd-usb-audio is the driver I think. The main thing I think is that it seems
much more stable than when I was using an edirol FA101 with freebob. That's
probably also because I'm using Pure Dyne - Ubuntu 9.10 optimized for audio with
the realtime kernel. I won't use anything else now.

I made the mistake of buying a comp without firewire, but this seems to have
been a good mistake now!

Best,
Ed

--