[Pdweb] Webpage Development Wiki and Collector

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jun 12 15:34:31 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Winfried Ritsch hat gesagt: // Winfried Ritsch wrote:

> For testing and Coordination:
>
>  - I have set up a Collector for issues concerning Webpage
>
>   http://testpd.iem.at/dev/webcol
>
>   please join as reporters or so....
>
>  - transfered the ComunitySiteWiki to
>
>   http://testpd.iem.at/dev/pdweb_wiki
>

>  - I changed the development folder index_html to a index
> and renamed howto-sfcvs.
> I hope this is ok.

Yep, no problem, it was there only for testing.

> CMFWiki and Collector are working now, and also Photo and Photoalbum
> is installed as Product.
>
> NuxDocument for OpenOffice, PDF, RTF etc documents has to be fexed,
> dont use now.
>

> I think there are too many tabs planed
>
>  I just propose that instead of
>
>   Public Relations (need a better name)
>
> 		 - news
> 		 - announcements
> 		 - blog?
>
>   Exchange
>        - patches
>        - "art" (tracks, GEM pictures, flash-installations)
>

>  there is a news which is also announcements (see now news, everyone
>  can write) instead of a blog we can do a central wiki, which is
>  just better. Everyone can make an own Wiki oder Photoalbum etc...
>
>  Patches could be under Downloads or development.

I agree with that. I think, we should focus the front page on changing
content to attract visitors, i.e. all kinds of news. So a user can
submit a patch or a mp3 and write a news item about that. After
review, this can go on the main page, linking to for example the patch
area or the user's Mamber area.

>  so we have
>
>       - News (very simple news)
>
>     optional:
>
>       - a calendar for events. as a sidebox only on main page
>
>     and other things should go out.

I think, that the Development tab could disappear into Documentation.
I don't quite see what else than a kind of Doc could be in a
Development folder.

> I will be offline till monday.

Me too, probably longer because I'm moving houses...

ciao