[Pdweb] Re: Re:[PD] Re: [PD-dev] new pure-data.org

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jun 23 18:51:11 CEST 2003

On Monday, Jun 23, 2003, at 07:07 America/New_York, Winfried Ritsch
wrote:

>>> a) Should we take over some email addresses or aliases ?
>>>
>> I think it would be cool if members got a pure-data.org alias, based
>> on
>> the member name, so I would be hans at pure-data.org.  But if its a pain,
>> then its probably not worth it.
>
> a) I am sure if we can make a phytonscript, to fetch the members and
> register it to the plone site. I am not sure we can automatically
> transfer the passwds. put poeple if the want login have the option to
> get mailed an automatic passwd.
>
> b) someone does it by hand....
>
> Anyway we should ask if poeple want transfer their account, so
> an email could be sent to register on the new page, maybe this is the
> version with less work... and they update their info... a cleaning
> effect.

I don't think it worth doing by hand, too much work.  I was just
thinking of doing an alias, so there would not be pure-data.org
mailboxes, all mail sent to a pure-data.org account would be forwarded
to an account that the user sets.