[Pdweb] http://pure-data.iem.at/ doesn't work

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Fri May 21 20:38:24 CEST 2004

hello,

cmfforum...

> because it's the only thing that is officially availabe and
> "compatible" with plone 2 (i don't think so :P)

I think cmfforum is just not so used, since all documents on the plone site is
commentable, so there the whole site is like a forum ... ;-)

But of course we have to make some usage rules how to add documents so there
are deticated forum like types.

My way doing likethis is making an own type like news which is also a folder
and can hold secondary material.

We are working now on a PDPatch Product for our Archive project, which I can
contribute, if we changed to plone 2.0.3 (working with the pd plugin iArs).

Also planed is to get the pd external database to the serever as Postgress and
make a Plone Product which uses the database records like Documents.
(SQL-Storagetype) but ....

.. all this takes time...

> > I guess it could be customized (and internationalized). The code seems
> > well written (with unit tests).

This is a question we should talk, since there is the PlaceLess Translation
Product, but how to get an i18n content ...  I think I should switch python
installation and zope to utf-8, but I dont konow to much about.. and i18n
Archetypes are not very well working now ;-(

Anyway my schedule, since I didnt get it finished today and i am off next week
(cmmr 2004 conference), I can continue on 3.June. Since there our new
IEM-Server ist also working, so I and Hannes will make the big switch the
weekend until 12 June. We have to freeze the old site for these days so I
can migrate all the data. Afterwards I will mail you a documentation about the
setup and how to handle this.

BTW. We installed Zope 2.7 now with ZEO-Server and two clients with load
balancing using pound, The big thing is then to add squid over icp port...

mfg winfried ritsch