[Pdweb] pure-data.info down

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 16 08:38:00 CET 2004

Zitiere Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:

> Browsers will throw an error if the URL doesn't match the certificate.

i don't know whether you have noticed it, but it seems like it is working.
the certificate is valid for both puredata.org and puredata.info without any
errors on mozilla-based browsers.
ie gave me some errors, but because of the self-certified nature of the cert and
*not* because of the name

it took me some time yesterday to make multiple names work

> You can make test domains (something like pd1.iem.at, pd2.iem.at, etc.)
>
> that don't redirect for your internal testing purposes, but the
> published ones (*.puredata.info, *.pure-data.info, *.puredata.org)
> should all redirect to https://puredata.org

i really want multiple domeains because it enables me to log in multiple times
as different users: this seems to be much about debugging but i got used to it
(i think we have talked about this at the pd~con)

> I can help out with this if you want.

thanks a lot.
the only problem i can think of now is how to get a certificate from s "real"
authority.
but it is early in the morning

mfg.a.dsr
IOhannes