[Pdweb] puredata.info will be prepared for PDCON docu...

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Wed Feb 9 14:39:45 CET 2005

Le 9 Février 2005 05:42, Winfried Ritsch a écrit :

> I have also installed now ATContentTypes in Place of old types, but didnt
> suceed in converting all documents to new ones.
>
> Please drop an eye if something is broken, since I just can test some
> random ones.

Do you have an example of a document that hasn't been converted?
The old content types should still be supported.

> BTW Wiki is now updated and I have added a small wiki Howto for the Site:

There's omething odd: the "what's new" portlet don't show the items in reverse
chronological order... Is it on purpose?

> Next Projects:
>
>  - Local Filesystem Integration for the huge Library

One solution is to use DirectoryStorage instead of the Data.fs ZODB storage.
http://dirstorage.sourceforge.net/

>  - stream on the fly with icecast of big video and audiofiles.

WebDav support for big files is still problematic, but there's solutions.

>  - report tool generating PDF of Documentation

I want to build a web to pdf gateway using the upcoming Mozilla 1.8; this
version should have a remote command to save web pages as Postscript...
The integration with Plone would be in the form of a pdfprint button, next to
the normal print button.

You could also consider using PloneHelpCenter for the documentation section.
There's  a script to migrate ZWiki content to PloneHelpCenter...

> Optional:
>
>  - pdp database integration

Do you mean "pdb"?
An elegant solution would be to create custom content types for pdb,
Then other documents could use references to pdb entries.
Is the PDB database available (as SQL or tab delimited text file)?

--
Marc