[Pdweb] reStructured Text font is tiny

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon May 29 11:41:41 CEST 2006

On May 29, 2006, at 11:16 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Would it be possible to bump up the font sizes in RST?  The `` ``
>
> why not use StructuredText ? (i found rst impractical at the least)
> (oh again one of those IO answers: "you don't want to do that"...)

The syntax is horrid when trying to include code.  It was
interpreting all of the *'s in the functions (char *, etc).
Actually, I'd much prefer mediawiki/dokuwiki style syntax, it works
much better.  I spend very little time reading syntax charts with
those, while with ST and RST I find I am constantly debugging the
syntax.

>> inline quote font is almost unreadable.
>
> in such cases i usually push "Ctrl++" on my firefox...

Hardly a solution.  Everyone should really just use lynx with the
console font.

.hc

>> Here's an example:
>> http://puredata.org/docs/developer/PdAPI
>
> i agree it looks ugly.
> i might have a look when i find the time.
>

> mfd.sdr
> IOhannes

____

"Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism."
                                     - retired U.S. Army general,
William Odom