[Pdweb] Re: weblog at puredata.info

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Fri Jan 19 11:11:37 CET 2007

On 19/01/2007, at 6.04, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2007, at 3:51 PM, Steffen wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>> As i'm at it: another thing i think would be of great benefit in
>> this direction is to also redesign the frontpage such that it
>> (directly) points to the showcase and the about page and the
>> "getting Pd" section (and still have the news section, of cause,
>> so it makes four bits), where the "getting Pd" section is a
>> altered version of the current Download section where there is
>> more focus on the different posable settings one (users) can have Pd.
>>
>> The first demand s some knowledge of Plone, which i don't have.
>> The second im planing to write in the hopes it will/can be used(?).
>
> Maybe we could ease in the changes, start with the blog on the
> front page, then see about reorganizing things.

yeah, i don't believe in magic either. and i appreciate the work that
IOhannes currently does. But when i say "redesign" it is meant in the
broadest sense, so a "redesign" could fx. just be a front page with
four sections with read-more links instead of the current front page
(the about page) which is two sections.

> It seems the Plone upgrade will require some changes since it
> exposed everything in the left nav.

I noticed that to, but would know if it was intentional?