[Pdweb] Re: weblog at puredata.info

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jan 20 00:00:01 CET 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 5:11 AM, Steffen wrote:

> On 19/01/2007, at 6.04, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> On Jan 17, 2007, at 3:51 PM, Steffen wrote:
>>
>>> [snip]
>>> As i'm at it: another thing i think would be of great benefit in
>>> this direction is to also redesign the frontpage such that it
>>> (directly) points to the showcase and the about page and the
>>> "getting Pd" section (and still have the news section, of cause,
>>> so it makes four bits), where the "getting Pd" section is a
>>> altered version of the current Download section where there is
>>> more focus on the different posable settings one (users) can have
>>> Pd.
>>>
>>> The first demand s some knowledge of Plone, which i don't have.
>>> The second im planing to write in the hopes it will/can be used(?).
>>
>> Maybe we could ease in the changes, start with the blog on the
>> front page, then see about reorganizing things.
>
> yeah, i don't believe in magic either. and i appreciate the work
> that IOhannes currently does. But when i say "redesign" it is meant
> in the broadest sense, so a "redesign" could fx. just be a front
> page with four sections with read-more links instead of the current
> front page (the about page) which is two sections.

I am pretty open to someone reorging the site.  I maintain the
documentation and dev sections, so anything outside of that, I am
perfectly willing to stay out and just give comments and help.  I
think it would be good to have the site work better, and it sounds
like you are willing to do it, which is great.  /dev and /docs could
use some reorg too, but I have some strong opinions on that one.

.hc

>> It seems the Plone upgrade will require some changes since it
>> exposed everything in the left nav.
>
> I noticed that to, but would know if it was intentional?

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler