[Pdweb] a place for ... GEM

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Sun Jun 10 22:00:54 CEST 2007

On 10/06/2007, at 21.05, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> furthermore i am thinking about setting adding the plone-software-
> center
> to the puredata.info page, which is a system for releasing files,
> bugtracking and documenting software.

I'm not 100% sure how this software work, but having such features
for different members small to big puredata projects sounds nice.
However,
1) how does it differ from the current settings if it had a bugtracker?
2) not all use the puredata.info site for sharing there work, but
rather their own system somewhere, hence i fear you'd labor for wee
bonus. But if you'd need it for the Gem stuff, then it'll of cause be
in use and worth the effort.

> the good thing about it is, that it can incorporate external
> sources as
> well (e.g. use the sf-tracker as an issue tracker)

That i don't understand.

> [...] but unfortunately(?) it suggests an organization as i like it
> (organized
> per "package") and not as hans would prefer (organized site-wide)
>

> what do you think?

I guess it depends how one search for things. Or how much
collaboration there is. Or what contents is dominant. I favor
consistency over any specific solution. - But your "smartfolder"
suggestion in the previous email suggested that an "either-or"-
solution wasn't necessary?

my humble void.