[Pdweb] proposed simplification of "Software" page

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Nov 24 06:26:26 CET 2010

On Nov 22, 2010, at 3:03 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> On 11/22/2010 12:23 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>>
>>> So what kind of timeline are you thinking?  I guess we'd need to put
>>> the Pd-extended and pure-data releases into the software page, then
>>> we'd be ready to switch.
>
> i've updated Pd-vanilla to 0.42.6, and leave Pd-extended to you, if
> that
> is ok for you...
>
>> Also, one minor detail: is it possible to change the front page to
>> have
>> two rows of 2, rather than one row of 3 and the other of 1?
>
> changed to 2.
>
> added:
> get.puredata.info
> downloads.puredata.info
> software.puredata.info

Ok, the Pd-extended stuff is in, the only thing left really in the
"Contributed Builds" section.  That works nicely as a wiki, but I
can't see a good way to do it in this software manager thingy.
Basically it should be a place where anyone can edit/link but it
should be marked as not "official".

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne