[Pdweb] from scott - Exhibition page particulars and design ideas

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 21:35:53 CET 2012

OK, based on my experience with CMSs, and also running through the method
used to add to Exhibition on pdinfo it looks like a fairly generic article
form but one that is part of core functionality -not likely an add-on. the
pertinent function or file appears to be called 'Heading_edit_images' where
you can add images to a article you make.

it seems like creating the Exhibition tag then puts the page entry and
pictures up on the Exhibitions page. so if we wanted to add a thumbnail
image there we could either:

1. use an image from 'Heading_edit_images', and put a note encouraging
users to upload a thumbnail image of their project at a certain pixel size
as well as other images they want displayed on their personal Exhibition
page. then we just have to figure out how to display that image in a
smaller size

2. or better yet create an area or subsection on that page where someone is
supposed to upload a header image along with the note for pixel size. i
think this is the better method.

either way, it would need to be dealt with to avoid someone like me
manually having to create a thumbnail and upload it for each new entry on
the page.

i would REALLY like to know which version of Plone we are using on the
pdinfo site. i can't research options until i know what's up

scott