[PD-dev] tilde object rework ideas

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 2 20:12:54 CEST 2022

Yep, s_nframes is best.

To Iohannes's point (s_n, s_nframes, and s_channels are redundant) , s_n needs
to be kept in the struct, and

then we could either have s_nframes, or s_nchannels,

in which case you'd get the other one by dividing.?? I have a deep horror of
integer division (if you ever divide

by zero your program will crash, and anyway when I was a kid it could easily
take a millisecond to compute).

Probably I just have to get over it.

(I think nframes is the better one to keep and nchannels should become a macro
in the case that we don't just supply both in the structure.)

Still wondering about s_samplerate... it's a long name but perhaps it's the
shortest good one :)

Meanwhile, I'm going to propose that we not bother (yet) with automatically
vectorizing stuff like filters,

because I think there will be lots of headaches, and anyway one is most likely
to want to do more per-channel

than just one object at which point the clone object becomes useful.

cheers

Miller