[PD-dev] problem loading tcl tk plugin with binary

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon May 15 06:15:49 CEST 2023

Em dom., 14 de mai. de 2023 às 16:12, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> presumably because there is no .popup created yet. if you experience this
> "bizarre"

behaviour on exactly the same version of Pd across multiple systems

 just in one system and in one computer

, then you are apparently running into some race condition.
> (after all: there are two separate applications starting up: Pd-core and
> Pd-GUI. issuing a command in your external's setup-function will send
> out a Tcl-command *very* early in the process (at least if you are
> initialized yet)

I thought about something like this because the error happens on the faster
machine, which may load stuff faster

> note however, that up to Pd-0.53, Pd created a single global .popup menu
> (for the right-click context menu). as of Pd-0.54 (that is: current git
> 'master'), this global .popup menu no longer exists (in order to fix
> [1303], and you obviously cannot use it.

Hmmm, yeah, I'm aware things are different in 0.54 and the object browser
PR I sent does this differently.

So, I'm not sure I get it but I'm assuming this won't be an issue in the
next version, right? Please confirm.

I can wait though, no problem. For now I'll just tell people to add else's
folder to the search path in preferences-->path and I can name the .tcl
file in order to load it as a tcl plugin like others.

cheers