[PD] linux basics and rme drivers

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Mon Feb 18 18:13:56 CET 2002

HI Marius,

I got similar errors... I was never able to get the OSS RME driver to load
via /etc/modules.conf for some reason, nor to get "modprobe" to resolve the
dependencies.  Instead, I put the lines,

insmod soundcore
insmod rme96xx

right in /etc/rc.local (under RedHat 7.0 and 7.1).  This is for the PCI
version of rme96xx; I don't know if this will work for the PCMCIA version
or not...

cheers
Miller