[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism is TERMINATE THREAD PLEASE

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 17 20:21:07 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 23:22 -0700, Alicia Byer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Maybe I have no valid opinion because I just lurk on this list, but I
> don't appreciate being called "girl" either, I'm in my mid-twenties
> also. And as far as the thread making anybody's skin crawl, I agree with
> Darsh. The kind of terms and attitudes being thrown around about
> gang-bangs and gross sex make me not want to join in any discussions.

i think, the best thing you could do about it is to just tell
immediately, if you encounter something, that troubles you. please do
not just ignore it. things can only be changed, if they are
labeled/specifed/named. i can understand, that you would rather stay a
way from such a thread, but by reacting to bad behaviour, the
consciousness of the community about such issues will grow. and i am
pretty sure, that the majority of the list would agree with you. once
this kind of sense is established, i think noone would like to use words
like 'gang bang' in his/her mails anymore.

roman