[PD] "G05.execution.order" issue (bug? just wrong?)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 8 11:27:42 CEST 2015

On 2015-09-08 11:13, Joe White wrote:
> It might be a bit misleading to call this behaviour 'undefined'.

why?

> As Alexandre points out, control execution is defined by the order the
> connections appear in the netlist and so have reliable results each time
> the patch is run.
>
> It's not really the same problem you have in other languages where there is
> a runtime ambiguity.

that's only because we have a single runtime, that has a certain
implementation which results in a given behaviour for an "undefined" one.

this doesn't make it less "undefined" behaviour.

> And is probably more an issue with the Pd environment UI than
> the language specification.

what *is* the Pd language then?
i think that the language of Pd and it's UI are non-separable.

gsdfmasdr
IOhannes