[PD] reading arrays from an external

oscar pablo di liscia odiliscia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 00:22:01 CEST 2015

Hi list.
I have a question on allocating data and reading it through an external.
As I have seen so far, the externals that reads arrays, as tabread, allocate
the data in their own memory space. As far as I can understand, this result
in a "double allocation" of the data. One in the array itself and the other
one in the
internal memory space of the instance of the tabread external.
The point is that I would like to use an array to hold in memory a
considerable
amount of data and to make it available to an arbitrary "reader" objects
without the need of allocating the data again in each one of the readers.
Is it possible to write an external that that reads data from an array "on
the fly"
without the need of allocating the data in its own memory space?
Any help will be most appreciate.

Oscar Pablo Di Liscia